If you need a professional service to handle all your paperwork when registering your company, Swyft Filings is among many companies that can do the job. However, not all of these companies provide the same value for their price. In this review, we’ll look at Swyft Filings’ prices and features and see if it is worth your time and money overall.
Swyft Filings – Overview
Swyft Filings opened its services in 2012, making them relatively new in the huge LLC formation service industry. Even so, they’ve carved out a name for themselves and risen above most of their competitors. Their main goal is to help businesses get their operations up and running.
Swyft Filings will offer an automated and stress-free filing process for aspiring entrepreneurs to launch their dream businesses. To this day, Swift Filings have served thousands of independent entrepreneurs and small businesses.
They are proud of having staff that’s comprised of business incorporation specialists who can help with every step of the incorporation process; no matter your business is or what industry your business is in.
Now that we’ve outlined a brief overview of what Swyft Filings is all about, let’s look at its features, the prices, and some pros and cons when working with this company.
Swyft Filings – Advantages and Disadvantages
As with many services, there will be some advantages and disadvantages that you should factor in before deciding to use them. Below are the pros and cons of Swyft Filings that we discovered during our research.
- Swyft Filings’ base rate is one of the lowest rates for an LLC formation service in the industry. Their base rate is $49, which is pretty hard to compete with. In comparison, their base rate is $50 less compared to LegalZoom, another popular LLC formation service provider.
- Their cheapest formation package, the Basic Package is very affordable while also providing great features. It still includes lifetime company alerts and a 30-minute business tax consult.
- If you’re an entrepreneur who is on a tight budget, Swift Filings has got your back. They can offer to let you pay for your LLC formation in two installments, instead of paying all upfront.
- The overall feedback of clients online is quite positive. If that matters to you, then Swyft Filings passes with flying colors. There are thousands of positive reviews from satisfied customers online for Swyft Filings.
- Another big advantage of Swyft Filings is there no head-ache refund service. You’ll get your refund, no questions asked, if you’re not satisfied with the service you received.
- Their LLC formation packages don’t include a registered agent service, where most of their competitors do. Instead, Swift Filings charges a rate of $149 annually for a registered agent. This is a huge added expense where other services already offer it in their packages.
- The Swyft Filings’ support team can sometimes be a hassle to contact in some cases.
Swyft Filings – Packages and Features
Before we dive into the different packages Swyft Filings offers and its features, let’s briefly talk about what makes a good value LLC formation service. In our extensive research and experience with LLC formation packages, we believe that one with good value for its price should include the following:
- The ability to form your LLC with the state
- Includes a highly customizable operating agreement
- Includes a free registered agent service for the first year
Now that you have an idea of what a good value LLC formation service, let’s look at what Swyft Filings has to offer. Swyft Filings offers three options for LLC formation packages; these are Basic, Standard, and Premium.
Basic Package – $49 + State Fee
- You get a one-year free domain name. Swyft Filings will provide the domain of your business’ website at no cost for one year. After this period is over, you’ll have to pay for your own domain name, usually around $20 per year or less.
- Swyft Filings will search through your state’s official business database to ensure that the name you want to use for your LLC isn’t used by another company.
- The basic package also features lifetime customer support. You get unlimited access to both email and phone support during your business’ whole life cycle.
- You’ll gain access to Swyft Filing’s ComplianceGuard Company Alerts. This is their compliance tool that helps track multiple important filing deadlines. The tool will ensure that you don’t have to worry about missing due dates ever again. As a bonus, this tool will allow you to access all your incorporation documents.
- You’ll have the option to have a 30-minute business tax consultation for free. During the session, you’ll be discussing how your business will be tax, how to utilize business bank accounts, etc. Swyft Filings will connect you with a national accounting firm, ensuring that you receive the latest information on these subjects.
Standard Package – $149 + State Fee
The Standard package includes everything the Basic package offers plus the things listed below:
- You have access to a banking resolution. This document lists all the people who have the authorization to open bank accounts for your LLC.
- You’ll also receive your own Federal Tax ID Number or EIN for short. This will allow you to do a number of important things for your business. This nine-digit code can be used to pay business taxes, open business bank accounts, and more.
- You’ll also receive an LLC Operating Agreement document. This outlines the entire ownership structure of your new company or organization. This will also define the rules and regulations on how the LLC will be operated. Swyft Filings will make this document for you.
- You’ll receive an Organizational Minutes form. This will help you set up your very first meeting as an LLC; also known as an organizational meeting. Do note that it is not required by law to use minutes for the meeting or have the meeting in the first place. But if you choose to, this document will assist you in achieving that.
Premium Package = $299 + State Fee
The Premium package includes everything from the Standard and Basic package plus the following:
- You’ll receive a free business website that is made from one of their pre-made website templates. The hosting will be free for the first 3 months. After this period is over, you’re going to have to finance the hosting yourself.
- You’ll also receive the Digital Corporate Kit; this is the electronic version of the LLC kit and seal. This feature includes a very fancy digital seal that represents your company. Additionally, you’ll receive a ledger to track all ownership transfers and even customized stock certificates just for your own group.
- Lastly, the premium package includes access to FedEx shipping and also your own tracking number.
These are the LLC packages and features you get when you work with Swyft Filings. Now let’s look at the other features that Swyft Filings has to offer and the overall price and value of their services.
Overall Price and Value
Swift Filing has very competitive prices under its belt. However, it can be argued that the overall value of these packages can be quite underwhelming. Even though their cheapest package, the Basic package, which is for $49 is very competitive, it lacks various features that you may need for running a business. It only has features to help you first establish your business and nothing much after that.
We’re happy to say that their Standard package is still reasonably priced for the features it offers. However, the biggest offender against value is the Premium Package. We believe that it is very expensive for how little it actually provides, in addition to everything from the Standard package.
On top of this, Swyft Filings’ registered agent services will cost you $149 extra every year. We would’ve preferred that the registered agent services were included with the Premium package, to make it more worth your money. As of now, we highly recommend steering away from Swyft Filings’ Premium package.
We also found that each package is filled with fluff to make it seem that you’re getting more for your money. This type of practice is also done by other incorporation companies but it is still disappointing seeing it here in action. On top of this, some of the services offered in the packages are actually offered by third-party companies. You should always be wary of third party activities in your incorporation packages.
Customer support at Swyft isn’t the best but it is also not the worst. Most of the time, you’ll be satisfied with their services. They offer chat, email, and phone support from 1 am to 7 pm ET on weekdays.
We tested each of their support channels to see how well and how fast their response to a query is. For the chat inquiry, the process was very quick and concise. We were connected to a customer support rep instantly. We liked that our inquiry was answered promptly but they didn’t expound on it, providing more useful information.
For our email, it took around 4 hours for them to respond to us. This is very good news as 4 hours is one of the fastest email response times we’ve experienced from incorporation companies. Most of the competition has email response times of about 24 hours. Swyft Filings lives up to its company name when it comes to email support.
Their phone support is also pretty responsive. We only had to wait barely over a minute on hold before connecting with customer support. The representative we had was very polite and knowledgeable. Their tone wasn’t very “salesy” or pushy. The only thing we didn’t like about the representative in all channels was that they didn’t expand on their answers. They didn’t provide any useful additional information that is relevant to their answers.
The Ordering Process
The ordering process at Swyft Filings is fairly simple. You select the package and any other add-ons you may need for your business. This process takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on if you have all the necessary information you need at hand.
After that, you can choose to either hire a registered agent service or not. Once done, you will also have the opportunity to add a permit package and business license to your order. Swyft Filings will research the necessary licenses, registrations, and permits your company needs to operate in your state. They will then send you all the necessary applications, you just need to fill them out and submit them to your state office.
Overall, the ordering process is nothing extraordinary and simple enough for any customers to go through. It is also a plus that the process doesn’t take too much time.
Swyft Filings’ turnaround time is what makes it so popular among customers. We are also extremely impressed with how fast their turnaround time is. Swyft Filings promises to process all your paperwork and other processes within the same or the next business day.
Swyft Filings ensures that your paperwork will be submitted to your state as soon as possible. However, they can’t guarantee that your paperwork is immediately processed once it reaches your state office.
Don’t worry though as depending on the expediting options offered by your state, Swyft Filings can provide rush service, for additional costs of course. They will provide an estimated time for your specific state, whether you’re using the expedited service or not.
All in all, their turnaround times are one of the best in the industry. It highly competes with other top incorporation companies in the market today.
This concludes our in-depth review of Swyft Filing Incorporation Services. In this section, we’ll outline our final thoughts on their services. Our final verdict for Swyft Filing is mixed, it has plenty of strong points while also having very weak points overall.
Their best asset is their customer feedback, it is fantastic online, boasting thousands of satisfied reviews. It is very clear that most of their customer base is quite satisfied with the service they got. Their customer support is also pretty strong most of the time. Sometimes they can be hard to reach but overall they can be contacted in a flash.
Our experience with their customer support was nothing but pleasant although fairly lacking with expanding their answers to our questions. Swyft Filings also easily lives up to their name, with blazing fast turnaround times and processing times online.
Some of our major issues lay within the LLC packages themselves. Even though their cheapest option is quite competitive in pricing, it lacks crucial features such as a registered agent service makes it not that worth it. The Premium package on offer is also quite overpriced for what you’re getting out of it.
How useful Swyft Filings is will depend on the needs of your business. However, due to the major cons, we found above, they’re not the best option for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
All your burning questions related to Swyft Filings are answered right here.
Is Swyft Filings a legit service?
Yes, Swyft Filings is a legit service that has been used by thousands of entrepreneurs. They have been operating since 2012 and have never had any scandal or had the law check on them. One of the biggest reasons for their rise to fame is the tremendously positive feedback they get from their customer reviews. You can check thousands of reviews online and most of them will be positive, with a few negatives here and there.
How do Swyft Filings compare to other LLC services?
There are plenty of LLC services out there, each providing its own advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage of Swyft Filings compared to other LLC services is its swift turnaround times. Not that many LLC services can top or even match their process times. On the other hand, their huge disadvantage is their lack-luster packages which can turn off more experienced entrepreneurs who are looking for more.
Is Swyft Filings’ Customer Support any good?
Yes, Swyft Filings boasts one of the best customer support teams in the industry, as you can see by the thousands of positive reviews online. Their knowledgeable and polite customer support representative will be able to assist you with any problems from 10 AM to 7 PM ET on weekdays.
Do Swyft Filings have a refund policy?
Yes, they do. Swyft Filings’ biggest business philosophy is to ensure that the customer is satisfied whether they liked the service or not. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with any LLC formation package purchases. You’ll receive a refund if you’re unhappy with the service you received and for any reason too, no further questions asked.
Do I have to reserve my LLC name before I can form an LLC via Swyft Filings?
No, it is most often unnecessary to reserve your LLC name before hiring Swyft Filings to form it. Acquiring your desired LLC name is part of the whole process when you work with Swyft Filings. However, there is a reason you may want to reserve your LLC name beforehand. You may not be ready to form your LLC as of now but want to in the future, you’ll want to reserve the name so that it is still available once you are ready.
How can I contact the Swyft Filings Customer Support team?
You can contact the customer support team via the website chat, phone, or email. Their contact details are as follows. You can reach them by calling the number 877-777-0450. You can also send them an email through email@example.com. Finally, you can fill out a contact form on their website and they’ll respond briefly via phone or email.
Incorporation service companies are known for upselling, does Swyft Filings do too?
Plenty of incorporation services in the market aggressively push upsells on their customers, but we can guarantee that Swyft Filings does not. There are only a few upsells when choosing your formation package, these are things such as hiring a registered agent service or getting your business address. There are pretty logical and minimal as they are careful not to go overboard when it comes to upselling.
Besides LLC formation, what other services does Swyft Filings offer?
Swyft Filings offers plenty of business services besides LLC formation. They’re going to help aspiring entrepreneurs start their dream business by offering services such as foreign qualifications, initial and annual reports, amendments, EIN acquisition, withdrawals, dissolution, and more. You can find more business services that you may need on their website.